Saturday, July 14, 2012

Being a kitchen witch

Being a kitchen witch is my thing. I love to cook for people. I love to see happy faces and full bellies. I also like using fresh, natural ingredients. It makes me feel good to know that something I made is not only filling up the tummies of people I love, but it's also giving their bodies the nutrients they need to function properly. Now, don't get me wrong, I do love my junk food too. But, the Goddess has provided us with everything our bodies need to survive in the form of flowers, plants and animals.  Using these special creations in a particular combination makes for tasty and nourishing treats. If blended properly they can also be used medicinally. Spell crafting is a lot like that. You have an idea of what you want to happen, you gather your tools and your ingredients and you mix, stir, pour and concentrate.   When I cook, I am spell crafting. I am pouring my love into the pot, stirring my thoughts around, mixing my wisdom into the dish and concentrating on the ones I am serving. I get lost in my preparations. I thank the Goddess that I have food to cook and people to cook for. It is one of the ways I release stress. I let the steam from the pan carry it away. I love being a kitchen witch...and so does my family. They are quite content.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment