Monday, July 16, 2012

New Moon...NOT the Twilight saga! ;)

It's time to celebrate!  The dark has passed and our mother is on her way!  That's right...it's a new moon tonight!  A reminder that the full moon is coming again! Tonight is a time for starting over, for making a fresh beginning, for new romance, for hope, for optimism!  But, let's get real...I'm in a shitty mood.  I don't feel like celebrating. I just want to cry myself to sleep. Nothing seems to be going right in my little world. My son is sick (double ear infection and sinus infection). He was born with cleft lip and palate and just had his lip repaired and tubes put in his ears about 3 weeks ago. He has been so cranky and miserable. He had a doctor visit today and was put on antibiotics and ear drops. I can't seem to keep up with my household chores and when my house is cluttered I get really irritated. My partner isn't much help right now. He keeps forgetting everything and seems so caught up in his own little world. I'm having to remember literally everything. I swear he wouldn't even remember he had a butt unless it itched. And not to mention our money situation isn't that great at all right now. I just feel lost and stressed. Chaos. I hate chaos!
So, what's a witch to do? Well, for me, the thing that helps me the most is this. Writing. But, if you don't write, try meditating. Sit in a quiet spot (I usually pick somewhere outside). Cast a circle, light a candle and just sit. Focus. Breathe. Now, imagine that your bodies energy is a light that flows through your veins. Tell that energy to head to the middle of your body...to your stomach. Picture that energy making its way to your stomach, but along the way it's picking up pieces of your stress. Think of the stress it's picking up...the things that bother you, specifically. Now, once your energy is at the center of your body, shoot it out from you! Imagine this giant beam of light shooting out of your stomach! Now, that beam explodes into the air and is transformed into new life! It slowly falls down on you like little lightning bugs and seeps into your skin. You have the power to transform your stress into strength so that you can have a new, positive beginning. The Mother, our Lady, our beautiful Goddess gives us the power to do this, because she is in every one of us. Call upon her and she will lift you up! I often picture our Lord sitting in the sky with our Lady hand in hand as she reaches up to him from the ground. I picture her lovingly looking at me when I cry out to her for help. She then looks to our Lord, smiles, lets go of his hand and pulls me into her. She holds me in her arms like I am a child again. He sits lovingly watching as his lover holds their child. Then, he reaches down from the sky and picks us both up and we sit together for a while. These images give me strength and peace so that I CAN be optimistic. THIS is how I find my strength for optimism tonight. How do you find yours on this new moon?

No comments:

Post a Comment