Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sweet Potato Hashbrowns!



So, tonight was my second attempt at making sweet potato hashbrowns. :)
If you have never tried this delightful recipe...I urge you to try it.  It will soon become a favorite!
I usually cook without measurements so I will try and do my best to explain the quantity of stuff to add.

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 teaspoon of ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup coconut oil for frying (I also added a little vegetable oil because I am running low on my sweet sweet coconut oil) Basically enough oil to cover the bottom of your pan.

Heat your oil in a large frying pan on medium. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded potatoes, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well. Once your oil is hot, add potatoes evenly to the pan. Press down to flatten. Let that side cook for a few minutes until brown, then flip. Continue to flip every few minutes until they are browned well all over. *These will not crisp like regular hashbrowns* Enjoy!

I usually make these with barbecued something like chicken or pork chops. Tonight it was chicken thighs. I made my own sauce from ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, a little garlic powder and a little chili powder. All to taste.  :)

2 comments:

  1. It is! I was pretty skeptical when I first heard about it, but I tweaked the recipe to my liking and found that I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete