Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Autumn equals pumpkin spice and everything nice!

  OMG OMG OMG!!! So...*ahem* Fall is here again and I don't want to sound crazy or anything, but akjflajfaidjfaifiuhalkjhalksdjfhadfg IT'S MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!!!
My family and I had to downsize quite a bit this year (2 bedroom 930 sq ft apartment with no dishwasher or washer and dryer with 3 small children, a dog and 2 cats-yikes!) so I don't have a yard or a lot of square footage to decorate anymore...HOWEVER...I did start decorating today!
  My son just had his 5th birthday and he is super obsessed with Ghostbusters right now, so I had a lot of leftover decorations from his party that just so happen to fit the theme for Halloween month...I mean, Fall. Ok, so I'm slightly obsessed with Halloween. I guess it's that inner goth kid that is so happy everyone is on the same dark page for at least a month. Fall brings another wonderful holiday that definitely doesn't get talked about enough, because, well...most people don't know about it unless they are Pagan. And let's face it, there are way more people who are not Pagan than there are Pagans here in the U.S.A. The holiday I'm referring to is Samhain. It's a glorious time where we get to honor our ancestors and loved ones that have passed onto the next life. It's a celebration of the time of year where the veil between this world and the spirit world is at its thinnest and it is believed that spirits are more prevalent. You can find a more informational post I did on Samhain here

*So, this is the great part about being a mom with ADHD. It's 1:11am and my youngest has been up and down since about midnight and is refusing to go back to bed, so we are currently sitting in the living room on the couch together. She is watching her most favorite Baby Genius video on Netflix and I'm trying to finish this post. Well, all I can think about right now is "She'll be comin' round the mountain" and "Row Row Row your boat". My mind cannot stay on track at all.*

  So, because I'm having so much trouble getting my thoughts in order to finish this post the proper way, I'll just end it with this; Fall is awesome, Halloween is cool, Samhain is amazing and I'm falling asleep. :(
*sigh* better luck next time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment